Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Joy's Thoughts for the Month...

I PLEDGE

1. To stand for purity and abstinence from now until my wedding day.
2. To stand against the music and immorality of this age.
3. To stand for modest and appropriate dress, speech, and behavior.
4. To stand for and not shame the name of Christ, the Word of God, or my church.
5. To stand against alchohol, tobacco, and drugs.
6. To stand and remain faithful to the public services of my church.
7. To stand and have my Pastor know and approve of my life's decisions.
8. To stand and set an example of godliness for the generation to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How To Be Saved

We Are All Sinners
Romans 3:10 -"As is it written, There is none righteous, no, not, one."
Who Has Sinned?
Romans 3:23 -"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
Where Sin Came From
Romans 5:12 -"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."
The one man is the first man-Adam.
God's Price On Sin
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Our Way Out
Romans 5:8 - "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
You Must Ask In Faith
Hebrews 11:6 - "But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."
Ask Jesus To Save You Now!
Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner; if I died now in my sin, I would go to Hell. Right now, by faith, I am trusting You as my personal Savior and my only hope for Heaven. Thank you for dying on the cross for me and for saving me from Hell. In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

coreymon said...

i just want to say i have the sweetest girlfriend i guy could ever want and her name is Joy Firkus pray for her family too as they go through all those hurricanes!!!! ohhh Joy i love you

ChristianCowgirl4God said...

Thank-you even though yeah I'm the young lady so i should be sweet, but you're the most gentlest young man that i met b4. You're always wanting to do so much for God! Having that rght kind of spirit will get you many blessings here on earth and also in Heaven. Oh and Corey I love you too!!!